My mind is the perfect Buddha.

My speech is the perfect teaching.

My body is the perfect spiritual community

-Buddhist meditation

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Remembrance of Those Who Died too Soon


Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day is a day of remembrance for pregnancy loss and infant death. It is observed annually in the United States and Canada and, in recent years, in the United Kingdom and in the Australian States of Western Australia and New South Wales, and in Italy on behalf of a charity named Piccoli Angeli on October 15.


They say that anything you put on the internet is there forever.  Here's to my cousins that died at an early age at a time when conditions were hard and medical attention was scarce.  You were born to loving families and you are still thought of today, decades after you graced us.

1844

Died on August 23, North Carolina - Robert Erskine Potts was born about September 14 1843 to Ann Rebecca (Cureton) and Robert Crockett Potts.  This child was my great grand uncle

Died on September 20, North Carolina - William T C Potts was born about January 19 1839 to Ann Rebecca (Cureton) and Robert Crockett Potts.  This child was my great grand uncle

Died on October 04, Tennessee - "Infant" Heath was born June 29 to Elizabeth (Cole) and Richard Heath. This child was my first cousin 3x removed.

1846

Died on March 17, Tennessee -  Angeline E Heath was born November 16 1845 to Elizabeth (Cole) and Richard Heath. This child was my first cousin 3x removed.

1852

Died on August 17, Tennessee - William Heath was born December 17 1851 to Elizabeth (Cole) and Richard Heath. This child was my first cousin 3x removed.

1856

Died on March 16, Tennessee - Julia T Heath was born February 18 1856 to Elizabeth (Cole) and Richard Heath. This child was my first cousin 3x removed.



1872

Died on August 27, South Carolina - Annie Jane Barnett was born November 21 1868 to Dorcas Lucinda (Potts) and David Franklin Barnett.  This child was my 2nd cousin 2x removed

Died on December 11, Tennessee - Son of BA and MD Taylor was born December 11 1872 to Mary Dionetia (Jones) and Banks A Taylor. This child was my 1st cousin 2x removed

1874

Died on March 27, Tennessee - Cassie I Taylor was born September 28 1871 to Mary Dionetia (Jones) and Banks A Taylor. This child was my 1st cousin 2x removed

1877

Died on February 03, Tennessee - Ruth E Taylor was born February 19 1874 to Mary Dionetia (Jones) and Banks A Taylor. This child was my 1st cousin 2x removed

1878

Died on September 12,Tennessee - John Henry Holt was born April 13 1878 to Louranie Adkins (Heath) and Ezekial Hutson Holt.  This child was my 1st cousin 1x removed

Died on November 06, Tennessee - Maggie S Taylor was born August 14 1876 to Mary Dionetia (Jones) and Banks A Taylor. This child was my 1st cousin 2x removed

1879

Died on October 05, Texas - William David Williams was born November 10 1873 to Minerva Jane (Thompson) and William Washington Williams.  This child is my great grand uncle



1882

Died on May 19, South Carolina - Allie Louise Potts was born on November 28 1880 to Eva M (?) and Oscar Wrenn Potts.  This child was my 1st cousin 2x removed

Died on September 11, North Carolina - John Douglas Potts was born on August 19 1879 to Elizabeth Jane (Reid) and James Walter Potts.  This child was my 2nd cousin 2x removed

1900

Died on June 18, Arkansas  - Nannie M Caviness was born June 9 1895 to Elizabeth Dora (Campbell) and William Thomas Caviness.  This child was my 2nd cousin 1x removed

1906

Died on February 20, Tennessee - Kranford Blackmon Grace was born to Mary Helen (Cowan) and Thomas Murphy Grace.  This child was my 2nd cousin 2x removed

1918

Died on August 22, South Carolina - William Wesley Rearden was born April 10 1855 to Aileen (Harris) and William Lawrence Rearden.  This child was my 1st cousin 1x removed




Unfortunately there are many more but their grave sites or death records have not been found, yet.  I suspect many were buried in small family plots on private land and, over the years, those places have been forgotten.  There are many children who appear on one census and are gone on the next one.  For some that do not appear on any documents the only clue we have is on the 1900 census where the mother was asked how many children were born to her and how many are presently living.  Often you will find a discrepancy with the known children and what she said.  For example:  My mother's grandmother by birth, Mabel Derrick, has indicated on the 1900 census that she has given birth to 3 children however only 2 of the children can be found.

No comments:

Post a Comment